From: David [mailto:BearSFO@PacBell.NET]
Sent: Thursday, June 2, 2016 1:28 PM
To: debian-hams@lists.debian.org
Subject: digital modes using debian

Hi there -

I am new to digital modes and is wondering where I can get more
info/resources on how to set up my debian box to do, in terminal mode only,
do things like packet, RTTY, PSK31 [this one might be more challenging?] and
JT65, etc.  For example, which package(s) do I need and how do I configure
them?

I will most likely be using something like a SignalLink USB TNC [I do have
an ancient KAM, would need help setting up + cabling to radio, so need push
that out until later] and a Kenwood for HF and a Yaesu for VHF/UHF.

Thanks in advance for all your help

--David