FreeDV hits 1.0

I have been following the FreeDV list and just this week it was
announced that version 1.0 has been released.  Questions have been
raised about .deb package availability and one of the developers works
on Fedora and has RPM packages available.

See http://freedv.org

I've not used FreeDV but have been casually following its development
and may give it a go this winter, perhaps.  Looks like it would be a
good addition to Debian, even Jessie, if possible.

73, Nate