Re: Possible licence problem with FCCexam package

On 05/08/2015 03:36 PM, Colin Tuckley wrote:
> On 08/05/15 20:05, Dennis Boone wrote:
>
>> 1. The _ham_ question pools are developed by the NCVEC, not the FCC.
>
> Exactly, and they are clearly marked as "Public Domain" which is why my
> original email said that hamexam was okay.
>
>> 2. US copyright law states that works by the US Government are not
>> elegible for copyright protection.
>
> But does that allow people outside the US Government to *distribute* them.

The question pools are in the public domain. Therefore, they are not
copyrighted. They are free to be copied and distributed by anyone. If
someone besides the U.S. government makes any changes, those changes are
copyrighted by the individual or the entity that made the change. Does
it look like we have such a situation here?

Milan