Re: We have a problem

On 06/05/15 16:53, Patrick Ouellette wrote:

> There is no requirement, but it has been common practice and is
> common courtesy to attempt to contact a person before removing
> them.

Indeed, but recently there have been so many non-responsive people
that it's made the teams job almost impossible.

> The larger issue is I have had communications with Iain.  He is
> aware I now have more time I can and am spending on Debian.
> Despite this, he chose to remove me without even so much as a note
> that he was doing this.

That is partly the result of a discussion several of us have been
having on #debian-hams. Those of us who have been active recently have
pretty much decided that since it's so easy to re-add a name, removing
them isn't a problem. You are the only person so far who has objected.

> I don't have an issue removing people who are unresponsive.  I have
> not been unresponsive.  Honestly, I don't agree that a list of only
> 4-8 people it is really all that difficult to figure out who is
> doing what.

Actually - yes it does! If you have to email 8 people of whom 6 are
unresponsive it delays getting anything done.

> I recall seeing Thomas' email he had a new upstream with a bug fix
> or two but I don't recall Iain telling the list he was working on
> an updated package with the new version.

That is because he didn't. I packaged the new version (with input from
Thomas to fix the GCC5 bug). I did an upload and then we discovered
that it would not build on kfreebsd. Since Iain has experience there
he offered to fix it.

> It shows the same lack of respect for other team members to
> summarily remove them from the package as hijacking a package does
> to a package with a sole maintainer.

Nonsense!

Colin

- --
Colin Tuckley      |  +44(0)1223 830814  |  PGP/GnuPG Key Id
Debian Developer   |  +44(0)7799 143369  |     0x38C9D903