Re: Installed Dapper 6.06 still having problems with ax25

On Apr 4, 2006, at 9:59 AM, Johnny wrote:

Hi

I installed Dapper Drake 6.06 to see if I can get ax25 working, but I am still having the same problems that I did with Brezzy 5.10 from my last time I posted to the group.
I am using the linux image 2.6.15-19 that is what it upgraded to.
Installed ax25-apps, ax25-tools, but when installed I don't see the config file in /etc/ax25 and also looked in /etc/init.d/ i don't see the @ax25 file to start ax25. I did do a reinstall of ax25-apps, ax25-tools and I do see the config file now, but
not the @ax25 file in the /etc/init.d/ to start ax25

What do I need to do to fix the problem

You will need to create your own /etc/init.d/ file. Here is what I use on my DX Spider box, although it could be refined a bit to turn things off when shutting down (if doing a fresh install, rather than an upgrade, it is probably best so save any custom files like this and the files in /etc/ax25/, which need to be edited to fit your installation).

/etc/init.d/ax25:

kissattach /dev/ttyS0 2m 192.168.1.199
kissparms -p 2m  -t 150 -l 90 -s 50 -r 50
beacon -c N7XY -d DX -t 10 2m  "N7XY DX Cluster - Bainbridge Island, WA"
ax25d
mheardd

73, Bob N7XY