Re: Getting out of KISS mode

On a related topic:

Some local hams were talking about putting a KPC-3+ TNC in "Converse" mode on the air locally here for some APRS stuff they were doing.

It's been years and years since I did any packet, but were they really meaning KISS mode?

They said they needed to hit "K" from a KPC-3's command prompt, if that's any help.

They were bemoaning that they couldn't keep the TNC *in* that mode, and their software for WX monitoring needed it.

So... I figured I'd go ask the Debian packet gurus and see what they're doing incorrectly and try to help them out...

Nate