Re: linpsk error Debian's Woody 0.6.2-3

On Sunday 20 October 2002 16:24, Bob Nielsen wrote:
> Jaye,
>
> Did you ever get this one to work?  I see that it also supports RTTY,
> which I am interested in using in addition to PSK31.
>
> Bob, N7XY
>
> On Tue, Oct 15, 2002 at 09:57:19PM -0700, Jaye Inabnit ke6sls wrote:
> > Not enought memory for requested Fragmentsize
> >                   OK
> > Hello:
> >
> > Everytime I try to send in linpsk I get the above error.  It seems kind
> > of odd and I really don't know what it means.
> >
> > So far, I have not been able to get any of the psk programs to run on
> > this laptop.  My other sound utilities work fine--xmms, wav, realplay
> > etc.
> >
> > Any ideas what is happening?
> >
> > My box is an 850Celery chip from gateway (solo1200) with via-ac97 audio
> > chip. OS is pure Woody.

Hello Bob:

I am unable to get any of the ham software to actually work on this laptop.
 I started a second thread: "Debian, psk31 & ac97 audio" with more details.

Your right.  Linpsk does support rtty and I was able to get fair copy using
it on my desktop computer.  I would love to see more ham hackers devoting a
little more time to Linux hamware than M$ hamware, but I won't look the gift
horse . . .  :)

73

--
Jaye Inabnit/\ARS ke6sls/\A Debian Gnu/Linux user
If it's stupid, but works, it ain't stupid. I SHOUT JUST FOR FUN.