Re: Packaging CX and tlf...

El Monday 22 April 2002 21:27, Bob Nielsen escribió:

> Yes, I saw that.  I have emailed DK8LV of the Bavarian Contest Club (CX
> developers) inviting them to join our discussions as well.
I wrote DL6RAI (also CX and CLX  developer) and invited to join the list i
hope he join us.

> I ran into a few problems with CX, but finally configured both of these
I have tried CX and TLF.. i like CX quite more than TLF as is quite the same
as CT... and the "learning" cost is near 0 what is VERY important for a
contester.
The most important things (for me) are working quite well in CX... it is
loggin ;-) , dupe checking, the MASTER.DTA support, CX2BIN and BIN2CX...
I miss in CX a easy way to add contests rules to the program to check score...
that is a REALLY important feature missing in CX. CX also has the "cx.hlp"...
If i could choose i would choose CX with more CT features implemented, and the
DXCluster working feature from tlf ;-) i liked it!

> I'll take a look at the demo versions of TR-LOG and CT, to see what
> they provide which might need to be added to TLF or CX.
I can give some help with CT and CX the problem is the programming work... as
my programmer's skills are quite poor :-(

> On a related subject, I have been running the DX Spider cluster
> software (http://www.dxcluster.org) for a while and it seems pretty
> good (I considered CLX, but source code is not available).  A lot of
> people are abandoning AK1A's PacketCluster, since it apparently isn't
> very well supported any more and the current favorite (AR-Cluster) is
> rather expensive.
>
> If nobody else is working on a Debian package of DX Spider, I will
> attempt to do so.
Good poit!
DXSpider runs in a special way as i thing it needs some perl modules that are
not in Debian... and DXSpider runs in /spider directory (you can make a link
but the problem is the same).
I am running DXSpider in http://smsdx.net for a DX to SMS system and we were
running CLX before DXSpider... CLX has stopped the development and the
developers don't give the code and it has been difficult for me to obtain a
answer for the mails i sent for them... I am not sure they are still
interested in the package...

--
Un saludo,
	Jaime Robles, EA4TV