Re: Packaging CX and tlf...

On Mon, Apr 22, 2002 at 07:43:35PM +0200, Joop Stakenborg wrote:
> On Sunday 21 April 2002 17:19, Bob Nielsen wrote:
> > >
> > > We should include both CX and TLF in the distribution.
> >
> > Might it be possible to get the two sets of authors to collaborate?
> > Has anyone been in contact with the Bavarian group (which does not
> > appear to be actively working on CX)?  Are they planning to go further?
> >

> Peter has asked for the TLF author to join the discussion.
> Maybe he is already on the list?

Yes, I saw that.  I have emailed DK8LV of the Bavarian Contest Club (CX
developers) inviting them to join our discussions as well.

I ran into a few problems with CX, but finally configured both of these
to run and the two programs seem quite similar (CX attempts to emulate
CT, while TLF is more like TR-Log).  Both need some work.  It looks to
me like TLF is further along, but maybe I just haven't figured out
enough of CX. I haven't looked at any of the CW-keyer stuff yet,
either.  The radio control part of CX only supports two transceiver
models, so there is some additional work needed there.

I'll take a look at the demo versions of TR-LOG and CT, to see what
they provide which might need to be added to TLF or CX.

On a related subject, I have been running the DX Spider cluster
software (http://www.dxcluster.org) for a while and it seems pretty
good (I considered CLX, but source code is not available).  A lot of
people are abandoning AK1A's PacketCluster, since it apparently isn't
very well supported any more and the current favorite (AR-Cluster) is
rather expensive.

If nobody else is working on a Debian package of DX Spider, I will
attempt to do so.

73, Bob N7XY