Re: sound cards - interrupts via apic

> You want the jostick entries too? When a modern PC
> with that many PCI
> devices runs out of INTs, its even better to have
> the modules.

It is possible to have more interrupts than the 15
levels a PC implements.  This is because 486 and up
machines have an APIC or advanced pic structure.  It
takes a hardware extraction layer in the os to
implement this, and it is chipset dependant.  Compaq
has such a layer in the distribution of WinNT they
supply with their machines.  I don't know if there is
an implementation of the HEL support for apic in any
linux distro, but it would allow more interrupts to be
assigned for PCI devices.  NOTE: the apic is only
supported in protected mode, not a problem except for
dos sw, LILO could run in protected mode, I don't know
if it does however.

=====
Amateur Radio, when all else fails!

http://www.qsl.net/wa2mze