Re: [unstable] Bug in gconf 1.0.9-4 ?

On Fri, 2003-08-22 at 13:37, Robert McQueen wrote:
> I suspect it to be libbonobo-activation, because my panel was also
> unable to embed applets (CORBA) and Evolution couldn't embed any of its
> Mail/Address/Calendar/Summary widgets either. See #206725 which I filed.
> I don't see how changing your gnome-settings-daemon version fixed it, or
> rebooting - when I downgraded libbonobo-activation,
> gnome-settings-daemon worked again.
>
> Regards,
> Rob

I've found out the problem here, someone commented to bug #206725
(although they didn't CC me - lucky I checked it tonight). If you log
back in to GNOME without rebooting your computer,
bonobo-activation-server is still running with the old version of the
lib, which seems to be incompatible with the new library. If you kill
this, everything works again. Explains why rebooting fixed it too. :D

Regards,
Rob