Re: gnome-terminal and who

peloy@chapus.net (Eloy A. Paris) writes:

[...]

> Of course, you are the maintainer of the Debian packages, and you call
> the shots here, but if you just want to keep up with the upstream
> bleeding edge and have packages ready as soon as upstream releases them
> as stable, uploading to experimental instead of unstable might not be a
> bad idea. I respect whatever decision you take, especially since I am
> getting into the habit of just putting on hold critical packages like
> libvte4 so I can keep running the stable versions.

The problem is really clear for vte. I've *never* seen any announce (I'm
subscribed to gnome-announce) that this package was unstable a,d so
broken. Nalin (the upstream) has never released any unstable package
before this one.

Now I'll upload a new package when the utmp entry will be fixed. And
don't forget you are using unstable.

Christian