Re: README for October GNOME.

On Fri, 5 Nov 1999, Lars Hallberg wrote:

> BTW, I just 'descovered' that gnome-apt can't install, but checking the
> bugtracking system the bug has been reporter for over 50 days. Is
> gnome-apt dead?

This bug is fixed in CVS (as of several weeks ago), but Mitch (the
gnome-apt package maintainer) was having trouble doing an upload because
of an autoconf bug, and for personal reasons. As an official lame-ass I
haven't done an NMU either. Anyway, anyone with the know-how can probably
do the NMU based on the CVS version (though the CVS version has a
half-functional source list dialog).

gnome-apt is a bit stagnant, simply because Gnome itself is a higher
priority for me right now. We have to get gnome-libs fixed and ready to go
in a short timeframe. gnome-apt needs a good rethink (to optionally offer
a nice simple interface like the Corel package tool) and that tree view
needs a rewrite. So I don't have time to do it properly right now. I keep
hoping someone else will submit some big patches. :-) Though I think I
have a still-unapplied small patch from Olivier...

Havoc