Re: [RFS] -- golang-github-zyedidia-pty

On 13 June 2023 9:05:26 am IST, Bo YU <tsu.yubo@gmail.com> wrote:
>On Tue, Jun 13, 2023 at 2:44 AM Nilesh Patra <nilesh@mailbox.org> wrote:
>Many thanks for sponsoring this.
>But I found the situation is complicated, hope I can explain as much
>as possible.:)
>
>Micro upstream has been switched to creack/pty[0] from zyedidia/pty,
>which is the package that needs to be updated here.

go.mod is the file you should usually be looking at to check dependencies.

I confirm the analysis. terminal depends on creak-pty and micro (build-)depends on terminal.

>So I think the package(golang-github-zyedidia-pty) can be removed once
>micro and golang-github-zyedidia-terminals' dependences switch to
>golang-github-creack-pty.

Yes. Would you like to package creak-pty?

>But I have not
>tested it given micro has not upgrade the newest version with
>upstream.

Micro is at latest version, it was me who upgraded it.

>Yeah, I can confirmed the micro and
>golang-github-zyedidia-terminal-dev can be built with the version from
>golang-github-zyedidia-pty.
>What are your options here?

I don't think it makes sense to do more work on zyedidia-pty given that it would be removed at some point.