Re: Help fixing gobgp FTBFS

On Thu, 2022-12-29 at 15:34 +0800, Shengjing Zhu wrote:
> I see gobgp 3.9.0 is uploaded to unstable, but has autopkgtest
> regression.
>
> > panic: protobuf tag not enough fields in StartBgpRequest.state:
>
> This is exactly the runtime panic caused by the combination of
> golang-github-golang-protobuf-1-3-dev and pb.go files generated by
> newer protoc-gen-go(either protoc-gen-go-1-3 or protoc-gen-
> go/1.28.1).
>
> So we still need to figure out how to handle protobuf dependency in
> grpc-go.

  Thanks once again for the help, Shengjing. I see that you added a
"Build-Conflicts: golang-github-golang-protobuf-1-3-dev" to gobgp
that's allowed it to then build/run properly with golang-github-golang-
protobuf-1-5-dev. If I understand correctly, some dependency of gobgp
has a line like "Build-Depends: golang-github-golang-protobuf-1-3-dev |
golang-github-golang-protobuf-1-5-dev", which is why the version I
uploaded built with golang-github-golang-protobuf-1-3-dev, right?

  I'll upload another version of LXD so it also builds with the correct
protobuf library version.

Mathias