Re: Offer/question porting patches to (upcoming) stable for Syncthing

On 2021-02-25 4:18 a.m., Simon Frei wrote:
> Dear Alexandre and go team,

Hello :)!

> 1. There have been a few serious bugfixes since v1.2.1 that I'd like to
> patch. Should I create bug-reports and attach patches/propose patches in
> gitlab that close them or is directly providing patches fine?

If you don't mind, I would suggest opening bugs in the BTS. This makes
it easier to sync with the release team if that is ever needed.

> 2. There's also quite a few less impactful fixes and improvements that
> are small and targeted that I consider suitable for patching. Given
> stable wont change much if at all, and thus not needing to rebase
> patches often, would you welcome If I provided such patches for
> inclusion too?

Sure! Let's start slowly. Don't spend too much time preparing many of them.

> 3. Once buster is released, would you welcome if I brought up fixes that
> I consider important and that are realistic to backport in the bts?

Yessss. I always feel very lucky when upstream collaborates with Debian
like this <3

> Thanks for all your work!

Thank YOU!

--