Re: Seeking clarification for nscd invalidation

On Wed, Jul 6, 2022 at 10:10 AM Marc Haber <mh+debian-glibc@zugschlus.de> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 06, 2022 at 09:29:22AM -0400, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> > You can verify that nscd is catching the cases you care about by running
> > it in '--debug' mode to let you see the cache invalidation.
>
> I regret to say that I don't use nscd in any of my installations. My
> last superficial contact to nscd was like two decades ago.
>
> Would it help with an educated guess to install nscd, let it run in
> --debug mode, run our test suite and compare nscd's output with the
> output it generates running our test suite without the explicit
> invalidation?

That sounds like a good approach. You should be able to compare
the logs of both runs looking for the missing explicit invalidation
and you should see that nscd detects the database changes.

You may need to increase /etc/nscd.conf debug-level to 2.

Cheers,
Carlos.