Makeinfo version parsing broken?

I'm a debian-hppa porter, and I was building the most recent libc6
from unstable when I noticed:

~~~
configure: WARNING:
*** These auxiliary programs are missing or incompatible versions: makeinfo
*** some features will be disabled.
*** Check the INSTALL file for required versions.
~~~

During glibc's configure. The installed makefino is 4.13 (part of
texinfo), and that should meet glibc requirements. I don't see this
warning when doing native glibc build (I'm also the upstream hppa
ports maintainer).

Has anyone already looked into this?

Steps to reproduce would be:
~~~
apt-get build-dep libc6
apt-get source libc6
cd eglibc-2.9
dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -b
~~~

It's a minor issue, and may look into this later.

Cheers,
Carlos.