Re: Collaborate GIS team

On 8/29/23 21:53, Nilson Silva wrote:
Hello Sebastian!
Hope this message finds you well!

Returning to the subject about https://salsa.debian.org/science-team/mapclassify

Nilesh, who sponsored, placed the package in the care of the Science team.

But the package is also a dependency of "Geopandas" !
https://salsa.debian.org/debian-gis-team/python-geopandas/-/blob/master/requirements-dev.txt#17

As mentioned before:

"
 This seems to be an upstream issue, the plotting deps are only included
 in requirements-dev.txt not as optional dependencies in pyproject.toml.
"

https://lists.debian.org/debian-gis/2023/08/msg00007.html

mapclassify is only required when the plotting scheme is set.

I didn't upload the update because I'm not part of the GIS team.

If you want me to prepare it for someone from the team to go up later, just say so. But it would have to have access to the team namespace.
Can you accept me on the team?

It's not clear what you want to do.

python3-mapclassify will need to be in the archive before it can be added as a (build) dependency of python-geopandas.

Kind Regards,

Bas

--
 GPG Key ID: 4096R/6750F10AE88D4AF1