Re: josm and libsvgsalamander-java

Sebastiaan Couwenberg <sebastic@xs4all.nl> writes:

> Hi Felix,

hello Sebastian,

thanks for the quick answer :-)

> Thanks for your work on svgsalamander.
>
> On 07/26/2016 08:45 PM, Felix Natter wrote:
>> I am in the process of upgrading (5 yrs old) libsvgsalamander to 1.0.0
>> [1] (lightweight SVG rendering library). josm is the only r-dep, and
>> here is what I found out while testing:
>>
>> On first startup (with old svgsalamander) I get a stack trace [2].
>> I could not reproduce this with new svgsalamander, don't know why.
>
> The stack traces following the java.io.FileNotFoundException for the
> non-existing /usr/share/josm/images/none are a known issue and can
> safely be ignored.

Good.

>> However, josm compiles and starts with the new svgsalamander.
>> Is it enough that I can download and view a map? Are the menu icons
>> SVG?
>
> JOSM upstream has SVG Salamander r200 in its repository, which
> corresponds to the commit after tag release-0.1.36. The latest commit is
> r218, which doesn't seem to have any worrying changes since r200.
>
> Most images in JOSM as still PNG, but a subset is SVG now.
>
> If there are no compile issues I think it's pretty safe to assume the
> new version is not a problem.

Sounds good, thanks for the analysis.

I think you use /usr/share/java/svgSalamander[-tiny].jar directly
instead of using /usr/share/maven-repo? The current Debian version
installs the maven artifact with version=1.0.8, which is wrong (it was
0.1.x) --> I need to change this to 1.0.0 (back in time ;-)).

>> BTW: When trying to build the package twice, I get:
>> [...]
>> pkg-source: info: building josm using existing ./josm_0.0.svn10526+dfsg.orig.tar.gz
>> dpkg-source: info: local changes detected, the modified files are:
>>  josm-0.0.svn10526+dfsg/i18n/po/core.pot
>> dpkg-source: info: you can integrate the local changes with dpkg-source --commit
>> dpkg-source: error: aborting due to unexpected upstream changes, see /tmp/josm_0.0.svn10526+dfsg-1.diff.FNDCHY
>> dpkg-buildpackage: error: dpkg-source -b josm-0.0.svn10526+dfsg gave error exit status 2
>> --> I think there is no proper clean target?
>
> Building the translations is a Debian modification, that is likely to
> not clean up after itself as well as it should. This is also not
> something to worry about.

Is there a way to build more than once without VCS?  (I downloaded the
source via apt-get source, but of course I could use the VCS ;-))

Cheers and Best Regards,
--
Felix Natter