SAGA 2.2.5 (Was: dedup saga)

On 04-03-16 19:57, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
> I've addressed all except the SONAME/symbols lintian issues, and I've
> fixed the version specific virtual package provided by libsaga which
> hadn't been updated properly for the past few upstream releases.

If you don't want to split the libraries into separate version dependent
packages to match to SONAME, a lintian override should be added to
override the package-name-doesnt-match-sonames warning.

The no-symbols-control-file tags should be overridden too, the
saga-depends executable and the version specific virtual package
provided by libsaga should take care of that. Although the saga-depends
executable can probably be replaced with an shlibs file to not have to
deal with symbols files for C++.

> The packaging work for SAGA 2.2.5 also resulted in a number of bugreport
> in the upstream issue tracker. The most imported being the changes to
> the gridding module causing a FTBFS due to not supporting
> --disable-triangle properly any more.
>
> https://sourceforge.net/p/saga-gis/bugs/
>
> I'll rebase my changes on top of the changes by Johan and push those to
> Alioth too.

I've pushed my changes to Alioth. It includes a change to move
/usr/share/saga to the new saga-common arch:all package which will
require a pass through NEW.

What do you want to do about the triangle related build failure? I've
included a patch to exclude the gridding module to allow the build to
succeed. Do you want to wait for a fix from upstream before uploading
the package?

Kind Regards,

Bas

--