Re: OpenStreetMap Software

Hi,

what I forgot to write in my previous mail:

On Mon, Mar 03, 2014 at 10:16:05PM +0100, Jochen Topf wrote:
> This is what I found out so far: mkgmap depends on osmpbf version 1.1.1 which
> is really old. It's ant script magically finds it somewhere and pulls it in
> during compilation.

This is strictly forbidden for Debian builds since you need to be able
to build on an offline host with a Debian mirror only.

> I don't know why the ant in Debian doesn't do this, but
> I guess it has something to do with the changes in the debian/patches/build_xml.patch
> file. I assume somebody made these changes for a reason?

Yep, the reason is exactly to prevent ant from downloading anything.  We
need to package what ant is downloading.  However, it would really help
to *learn* what ant is downloading.  Is this something we could turn into
a source-tarball and package this?  (I might check this tomorrow but if
you are faster than me that would be really great!)

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de