Re: libepsilon mini transition

On 01/28/2014 08:15 AM, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Hi Bas,
>
> On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 11:44:53PM +0100, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
>>> I can prepare updates for gdal and librasterlite too, but they only
>>> require a `dch -i -m "Rebuild for libepsilon1"`
>>>
>>> I should probably do that, so you can just sponsor the uploads as usual
>>> without special considerations.
>>
>> I've uploaded the updated packages to mentors and filed the RFSes.
>>
>> Please note that the librasterlite package needs to be built from the
>> '1.1_svn11' branch, master already has 1.1g.
>
> I noticed you have reverted the sponsoring request on the SoB page.
> However, since I wanted to check out my problem with the version I wrote
> you in PM (+BTS) I tried:
>
>     git pull origin 1.1_svn11
>
> but ended up with some merging conflicts.  I wonder what would have been
> the right git command to end up with a clean repository including this
> branch without the need to solve any conflicts.

I think you pulled the 1.1_svn11 branch into your master, that would
force master back in time and should cause conflicts.

Just checking out the new branch from origin should have been
sufficient, e.g.

 git checkout 1.1_svn11

Or the long version

 git checkout -b 1.1_svn11 origin/1.1_svn11

Then specify this branch instead of master for git-buildpackage:

 git-buildpackage --git-pristine-tar --git-debian-branch=1.1_svn11

The above is what I used to build the packages for mentors.

Kind Regards,

Bas

--
GnuPG: 0xE88D4AF1 (new) / 0x77A975AD (old)