Re: [DebianGIS] GIS RPMs for Enterprise Linux (RHEL/CentOS/ScientificLinux)

Hello Hamish,

> check that you have "launch in terminal" selected in the desktop/
> menu definition file.

Terminal=true was set in the desktop definition file
but I had not changed Exec=grass62 into Exec=grass64

So it wasn't a regression and it was certainly not working in my
previous build on EL 5.4 (I was always launching it from the command
line with the -wx argument)
It is now working properly.

As for the wxWidgets issue, this is most probably due to an
incompatibility between wxPython wxGTK which would have been
introduced by the latest wxGTK update in EPEL. I notified the EPEL
mailing-list (see [1]) and I'm currently looking at building a more
recent version of wxPython in the meantime (I really want to have the
wx UI)

Many thanks for pointing me to the right place to look at!

Mathieu