Re: [DebianGIS] S: Geography/GIS LiveCD

On Tue, Jan 03, 2006 at 07:17:47AM +0100, Markus Neteler wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 02, 2006 at 09:12:19PM +0100, ralf@skolelinux.de wrote:
> > Happy new year, dear list!
> >
> > I wonder if there is any live CDs specialized on geo-software
> > or GIS applications? Any suggestions?
>
> Here you can find an incomplete listing :
>
>  http://grass.itc.it/download/cdrom.php
>
> Markus

Hello Markus,

meanwhile I had a chance to try out the German version
of GIS-Knoppix.

The good thing: There is several preconfigured software included
with sample data that I didn't know of. And I probably couldn't
even set up all needed services myself that are installed on
that live CD. It provides:
MapLab, TerraView mit MySQL 4.1 Datenbank, MapDesk, PostGIS, Jump,
GRASS, UMN MapServer...

The bad thing: thuban and qgis are missing, maybe because the CD is
too old: it's from February 2004, two years ago.

Any clue if there will be a succeeded?
Regards
Ralf