Re: [DebianGIS] Re: gdal

On Tue, Dec 20, 2005 at 06:45:34PM +0100, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> At 18:18, lunedì 19 dicembre 2005, Jon Saints has probably written:
> >  Has anyone researched how other distrobutions are dealing with this issue?
> It seems that in other distibutions things are going more smoothly, but I do
> not know why.

The people from GDF Hannover are offering SuSe and Mandrake/Mandriva
RPMs at
 http://www.gdf-hannover.de/software
>From time to time, after new releases of GFOSS components,
these RPMs are recreated. This keeps the packages in sync
and the users do not have to think about such problems.

The same thing applies to the generic Mandriva, where most
of the packages are provided as well (Mandriva Club, Mandriva
Cooker):
 http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/mandrivalinux/official/2006.0/i586/media/contrib/
 (gdal/ogr lagging behind at time)

I am not well informed about Fedora Core, though.
The people from http://mappinghacks.com are providing RPMs,
but also here the version are slighly lagging behind at time.

Markus