Re: [DebianGIS] Re: Re: gdal

On Tue, Dec 20, 2005 at 07:45:40PM -0500, F.Sluiter wrote:
> With my personal bias:
> It is very nice to be bleeding edge on our private machines, however
> some people need a 'semi' stable environment on their servers. As a
> side effect of gis availability on debian, allthough I protested
> vehemently, my production environment will be fedora (which also means
> I have to compile some tools from source since they are not available
> as rpm... <sigh>).

As already said ad nauseam, PLEASE use STABLE + BACKPORTS
(e.g. an accurate selection of backports.org and dgis stable or
stable-experimental). You can be decently stable and up-to-date
in that way.

DO NOT USE TESTING OR SID if you need a stable environment.
This is the same as using a pre-release Fedora, if you do
so you are simply looking new and perverse ways to have
an hard life.

--
Francesco P. Lovergine