Re: [Pkg-grass-general] Re: Upload of Jump to Debian-GIS repository

Hi Petter,

Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
Did you succeed in using JUMP with WMS services?  I've tried to
connect to the service available from <URL:http://wms.jpl.nasa.gov/>,
and also the service available from <URL:http://www.onemap.org/>,
without any success.  None of the descriptions I found on google
worked.  I've almost given up getting jump to work with WMS.

I surfed a bit on the jump lists - it seems the wms is currently
restricted to WMS 1.0

Also you only have to provide the url - as jump first makes
a getcapabilities request to the server. This one which also
provides WMS 1.0 is working for me.

http://demo.cubewerx.com/demo/cubeserv/cubeserv.cgi?

There was a mail on the jump mailing list some time ago that
deegree implemented wms 1.1.1 and wfs functionality for jump - but
I don't know if they provided the stuff already for integration.

Regards,

Wolfgang