What can the vanila debian potato kernel do?

Hello

I do now have a working router using debian 2.1 an the vanilla
kernel. It is working for my use ;-)

I do plan to upgrade to potato. Kan I still use the vanilla
debian (potato) kernel? Howe do I find out what the vanilla
kernel kan do *before* i install it?

What I do use now is.

 o  2 ethernet interface with routing inbetween (one to
    internett and one to my  local net.

 o  Proxe-ARP on the internet konektion (all my IP must
    use the same MAC-adress upstrem becuse my upstream
    radiomodem can only use one MAC-address.

No masqurading or anything fancy.

The system is in real use so I do not want innstall a not
working kernel ;-)

TIA /Lars

--
Lars Hallberg                         Micro++  www.micropp.se/
Freeware * C/C++ * Python * Linux * Debian * HTML * Javascript