Problem to get ipautofw working !!!

Installed kernel: 2.2.10
host is configured as a firewall with masquerading etc. enabled.
ip_forward is configured, too. (echo "1" /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward).
Kernel Compiled with the options "/proc filesystem support" and "sysctl support" enabled.
But if i want to configure autofw to handle quicktime 4 requests always the following error occurs:

firewall:~# ipautofw -A -r udp 6970 6999 -c tcp 554
setsockopt: Protocol not available
firewall:~#

Can anyone tell me how to solve the problem.
I nearly searched the "whole Internet" but didn`t find any working solutions for this problem.

Best regards

Franz Skale
technoCore GmbH.
e-mail.:franz.skale@technocore.at