Re: CAll for standard bastion smtp: ssmtp

On Tue, 3 Mar 1998, Tommi Virtanen wrote:
> 	I thought ssmtp is only for local -> smarthost? Certainly this
> 	would do no good for mail routing.

Exactly this is true. It is simple mail-forwarder.
It is only usable on a bastion if the bastion does not deliver mail.
For sending messages from the bastion to inside it could be the best
choice.

> 	I personally would opt for qmail on the firewall. I know it's not
> 	freely distributable, but it's the best. Please remember to keep
> 	an option open for the local sysadmin to change things like this if
> 	he so wishes.

A MTA is only one block of debwall. Some different packages with different
functionalities should fit in this place.

Bye,
Hubert