Re: win95 emulation

Afraid not.  Linux is another OS entirely.  It can not Windows and more
than it could run OS/2.  Sorry.

there is a dos emu for Linux that is OK.  Poor sound though.  There is
an app called bochs which emulates the x86 architecture -- but it is
slow and I do not believe sound works there either.

Now I do believe that what you want to do could very easily be done from
within Linux.  There are already quite a few car mp3 players that have
been designed using Linux as its base.  GPS nav could be a problem
though.