Re: Texas Linux Fest

Hi Eric,

On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 04:08:33PM -0500, Eric Evans wrote:
> The first annual Texas Linux Fest is being held on Saturday April 10th
> in Austin Texas.
>
> http://texaslinuxfest.org/
>
> It's probably way too late at this point, but I was thinking of
> organizing a Debian booth, and to complicate matters I've never done one
> before.
>
> I was wondering if someone(s) who has could share their experience here.
> Things like the type of materials and where/how to obtain them, (signage,
> swag, etc?), number of people needed to man one, demos, or other wisdom.

You may want to ask Don Armstrong, who has coordinated the Debian
booth at SCALE for the past few years.  He has a banner that we
usually hang up, and we've sold t-shirts, handed out flyers, and
talked with visitors.  In past years, we've set up a Babelbox
(cf. http://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/BabelBox) as a demo.  It
helps to have at least two people staffing the booth so that there's
someone to cover the booth when a person needs to eat or go to the
bathroom.

--
Matt                                            http://ftbfs.org/kraai