Re: Debian private repositories

On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 04:18:36PM -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:
> This is currently fairly incomplete.  One obvious thing that's missing is
> a pointer to the wrapper script that we use, but I know there's more.  I'm
> happy to prioritize additional documentation based on what people would
> find interesting.  Let me know if there's anything in particular you want
> to hear about.

I would like to know if and how you handle wishes of departments to
keep older versions of software around and aptable. Afaik, reprepro
cannot handle archives that have multiple versions of a program in the
same distribution/suite and cannot be easily adapted to handle this.

It is, however, frequently demanded in enterprise that one needs to be
able to newly deploy a machine using old software to care for
reproducibility.

Greetings
Marc

Mannheim, Germany  |  lose things."    Winona Ryder | Fon: *49 621 31958061
Nordisch by Nature |  How to make an American Quilt | Fax: *49 621 31958062