Re: Grip, components and Sections

On Wed, 12 Aug 2009 12:29:51 +0200
Hector Oron <hector.oron@gmail.com> wrote:

> > So 'kde' could be handled in the same way as xfce or gnome.
>
> > I'm undecided whether to enable 'xfce' for www.emdebian.org/grip or
> > whether to leave xfce as the de facto default and offer other
> > environments as their own components. I'm also undecided whether Grip
> > ever wants a complete KDE or complete GNOME environment or whether we
> > offer some GNOME/KDE packages to complement the more slimline apps from
> > other environments.
>
> > Comments?
>
> What about 'lxde', could it be default on grip? It is becoming very popular.

There is no 'lxde' section, so no way of identifying which packages
belong to lxde. I'm expecting to add the packages, but those will end
up in 'main'.

(However, in time, xfce could be moved to an xfce component, leaving
the door open for lxde to be the default in 'main'.)

> If you try current 'lxde' in unstable is waiting for a package in the
> new queue, but thanks to andrew lee, you can find missing debs at:
>   http://people.linux.org.tw/~andrew/debian/lxde/

I won't be adding packages from private repositories to the Grip
repository at www.emdebian.org/grip - everything comes from Debian or
not at all. The NEW queue is not as much of a delay as it has been in
the past and I don't expect to be adding those packages until I've got
other issues resolved within Grip anyway.

--

Neil Williams