Re: can't build gcc-4.3 source since updating to 1.4.6

On Wed, 2008-09-10 at 08:44 -0400, Dean wrote:

> > You use emrecent for all uploads - when your autobuilder is sufficiently
> > complete and reliable that it can be folded into the Emdebian testing
> > migration checks without delaying other architectures, you simply change
> > the values in ~/.dput.cf and continue using emrecent as before.
> >
> > Using dput also helps you run post_upload scripts that process
> > the .changes file and put the files into reprepro.
>
> Let me apologize for the confusion, but I meant emdebcheck, not
> emrecent.  I know I repeatedly referred to emrecent so I'm sorry to make
> you type such a detailed response.

> The problem I was having before was that the emdebcheck portion was
> continually failing when I was trying to upload to my local repository
> using emrecent.  And the reason for that is that emdebcheck is hardcoded
> to check the emdebian repository for the dependencies.

OK, emdebcheck can gain a --mirror option that overrides the mirror used
to create the cache data.

> So my question still stands about adding a line to the config files to
> change the server that *emdebcheck* looks at.

Please file a bug report against emdebian-tools and I'll fix it in the
next version. Thanks.

For now, you could copy emdebcheck to your home scripts directory and
modify lines 183 and 184 as appropriate. (Let me know if that works in
your bug report too.)
:-)

--

Neil Williams