Re: code for retrieving system time in a device driver

In message <[🔎] d67653f604081013022d4aad48@mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> i have been trying to modify a device driver. I want to write a code
> to retrieve the system date and time. My code runs fine as a normal c
> program but it does not even compile when I insert the same in a
> device driver.
> Can you tell me whats wrong?

You cannot call standard C library functions in kernel code.

You can only use functions provided by the kernel. See
Documentation/DocBook/kernel-api

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd@denx.de
I object to intellect without discipline;  I object to power without
constructive purpose.
	-- Spock, "The Squire of Gothos", stardate 2124.5