RE: A doubt about loading linux image on target hardware

Samar and others new to embedded Linux,

I'd suggest reading my book, "Embedded Linux: Hardware, Software and
Interfacing", http://www.embeddedlinuxinterfacing.com/. It was published
by Addison Wesley two years ago but the information remains accurate. My
book isn't merely a collection of embedded Linux information, its an
example driven book. Every chapter has specific examples where you can
see how engineers used embedded Linux to solve their problems which
consequently are the same as yours, like building a development
environment, compiling the kernel, building the root filesystem, writing
device drivers and compiling open source applications. These examples
use x86, PowerPC and StrongARM processors, they are simple and perfect
for you work up the embedded Linux learning curve. I wrote my book with
the "I want to use Linux for my next design but don't know where to
start" reader in mind.

I'd suggest purchasing my book (Walmart is the least expensive at $32)
and completely read through chapter 7. At that point, you will be versed
in what embedded Linux is and how to start using it. If it sounds like
I'm trying to sell my book here, I am. Let me end here by saying that my
book has helped thousands people like yourself get started with embedded
Linux.

Hey everybody, have a great weekend!

Craig

ps. The book's dated information deals with the selection of the
cross-development environment for PPC and SA. I now solely recommend
Wolfgang Denk's Embedded Linux Tool Kit, ELDK, from denx.de. I works
great! I use this fine RPM based tool on my Debian machines without a
hitch.

Dr. Craig Hollabaugh, craig@hollabaugh.com, 970 325 0509
Author of Embedded Linux: Hardware, Software and Interfacing
www.embeddedlinuxinterfacing.com