Re: can not boot netinstall iso on none uefi machine

Hi!

On Sat, Apr 22, 2023 at 08:18:23PM +0000, karcio wrote:
>Hi
>
>Trying to boot from usb where I did dd debian-11.6.0-amd64-netinst.iso.

>Is there any way to install debian on none uefi machine?

Yes - that exact image was tested booting both via UEFI and BIOS mode.

>I have dell xps15z L502

As far as I can see, that's a machine from ~2011? It should boot the
installer from USB fine. How are you trying to boot?

< sladen> I actually stayed in a hotel and arrived to find a post-it
          note stuck to the mini-bar saying "Paul: This fridge and
          fittings are the correct way around and do not need altering"