Re: Challenges with the installation of DebianEdu Stretch

Hi Roman,

please always reply to the list.

On Mon, Oct 02, 2017 at 10:41:00AM +0200, roman.meier@gismap.ch wrote:
> > On Sun, Oct 01, 2017 at 10:07:50PM +0200, roman.meier@gismap.ch wrote:
> >> Error: LTSP client installation ended abnormally
> >> ERROR: ltsp-build-client failed to run

[..]

According to the error message I assumed you installed without
internet connection.

> Things are a bit confusing to me.
>
> Why doesn't the installation process know about replaced packages and
> download them if necessary?

At this time (without internet connection) only the packages on the
installation media are known to apt. For some (yet unkown) reason these
packages (which actually are contained on the USB ISO image) are about
to be downloaded from outside. It's only about 300 MiB (well, back then
when the image was up-to-date) just after the base system has been
installed in the LTSP chroot. Later in the installation process the USB
image is used again.

Wolfgang