Re: roaming laptop to edit files on tjener

>what application do you use for ,,editing'' those files?

If I try an odt, libre office starts to open and then dies. If I try
most other file types, the apps open with a new file instead of the
one on tjener. (eg. gimp, leafpad, inkscape, even pdf viewers open
blank). There is no problem dragging files into the share from the
laptop - they save correctly.

I am using lxde and pcmanfm. I tried installing nautilus to see if
that changed anything, but it didn't.

I have the same behaviour from plain wheezy, and from bodhi (ubuntu
with enlightenment), but not from mint debian edition. I am too
unskilled to see what is different in mint (also lxde, but with
nautilus).

btw I am talking about samba here. smb://tjener/username.

thanks

nigel