Re: How to add a shared folder in Debian Edu (Sas: Groups again)

On Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 11:47:45AM +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> [Petter Reinholdtsen]
> > The intended design is to put it in /skole/tjener/ (for example
> > /skole/tjener/shared), and use group membership to control access.
>
> I tested this just now, and you need to first
>
>  (1) create the /skole/tjener/shared directory, then
>  (2) update /etc/fstab to bind it to the nfsv4 exported location,
>  (3) update /etc/exports to export it (for example like the home0
>      directory), then
>  (4) run 'mount -a' to mount it and
>  (5) run 'exportfs -a' to export it.
>
> After that, every machine with access to home0 should also be able to
> mount /skole/tjener/shared automatically by just visiting the
> directory.
>
> If you want a shared directory mounted from another machine than
> tjener, you also need to update the LDAP autofs objects (add the new
> machine and path).

I can confirm indirectly, since I created a /skole/tjener/home1 for students
with the described method.

Would be interesting to document how to mount homedirs from other servers
to make some load balancing.

Regards

--
Giorgio Pioda - Sysadmin SPSE-Tenero