Re: adding machines and dhcp groups

On 28 February 2010 16:25, Oded Naveh <skilinux@gmail.com> wrote:

> Have you tried the procedure described in
> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Documentation/Lenny/Upgrades#DHCPserviceneedstorepaired ?
>
> It describes how to load an existing DHCP configuration into LDAP, though it
> varies from your situation where dhcpd connects and works with the LDAP
> server. Start at the line "a. To load an existing configuration into the
> database:"
> You'd need to execute steps 1-4 on your Etch tjener and 6-7 on your Lenny
> tjener.
> Step 5 would be very important in this case and may be done on any machine, so
> if you're not confident you'd may ask for review and advice before loading
> it.

In the end I decided to weed out the old dhcpd.conf, which has been
around since sarge. I copied and pasted the netbooks from dhcpd.conf
into lwat one at a time (only 18 of them), wishing that there could be
a comment field. The comments in dhcpd.conf really helped me to know
what computer is where.

I have re-installed the ltspservers and entered them in lwat as they
were ready. There were only 3 printers, then the rest of the statics I
am reinstalling/cloning over the next few days, so I'll just enter
them gradually also.

Still I would wish for a bulk import of machines, and a comment field
for a future version.

Thanks for the advice

nigel