Re: timeline for 5.0.4+edu1 in mid March 2010

Hi,

short story: freeze for +edu1 is in effect now \o/ Please don't commit (code
changes) to trunk anymore, translation updates are fine.

On Dienstag, 16. Februar 2010, Holger Levsen wrote:
> Anyway, back to 5.0.4+edu1, here is the timeline and some extra guidelines
> for enabling us to stick to it:

the following has been done:

> - Send out a call for translations of d-e-install NOW - we dont have any
> string changes planned, right?
>
> - commits to trunk need to be suited for lenny(-test). If that is not
> possible, either commit the patch to the Debian bts or copy the last tag
> which is in our lenny to branches/lenny/$package and then commit to trunk.
> Putting the patch in the BTS is prefered, as else trunk and branch need to
> be kept in sync.
>
> - NEW packages for lenny-test must be in squeeze (with whatever version).

> - To move a package to lenny, the same version must be in sid at least.

debian-edu-config, debian-edu-install and shutdown-at-night have newer
versions in our lenny-test than in sid. Please upload newer versions to sid,
I suggest to use non ~svn versions and also upload to lenny-test.

I'll be moving the next two days and won't be able to upload myself. On
thursday I could probably upload but would prefer to review and move the
packages to lenny instead ;-)

> - Freeze around march 1st, that means: we can use the international meeting
> in Zweibruecken for bug fixing and doing test installs and prepare the
> freeze, that is to make sure the packages in lenny-test are in a releasable
> state. To achieve that, each change must have an entry in debian/changelog
> and either the Debian or Debian Edu bugtracker and must be non intrusive.
>
> - At freeze time the packages will be moved from lenny-test to lenny, after
> that only fixes for bug of priority 1 and regressions compared to
> 5.0.4+edu0 are acceptable.

This will probably happen on the 4th or 5th of march only:

> - Release rc1 and start drafting the international press announcement on
> the 3th.

And this is the "far future":

As said:

> - This timeline is a guideline, which we aim to match. We release when
> everything is ready.

cheers,
	Holger