Re: List of Educative Software: Linuxsignpost + X

Hi Ralf,

On Sunday 04 February 2007 15:58, RalfGesellensetter wrote:
> Recently Knut, Josè and others announced a cooperation of Debian-Edu and
> LinEx. One chance I see here, is further improvement of the workstation
> profile, especially by adding more educative applications and
> usability.

Which means, those software needs to be packaged for debian and included in
the archive. So it can be tracked with RFP or ITP bugs :) (RFP=request for
packaging, ITP=intend to packaging).

Also, debtags are a great tool to, well, tag debian packages. Tags can be used
to categorize many aspects of a package: written-in-language-abc,
uses-ui-toolkit-xy, learning-software, whatever. There is even a
webbased-frontend (ajax based, whoohoo :) at
http://debtags.alioth.debian.org/

> At the moment we have the Linuxsignpost project [1]. Its design is
> marvellous,

but on a very brief look, I failed to see what is is about. Sorry to say that.

What is the objective of the linuxsignpost?

> Additionally, we started a wiki table of free educative applications
> [2]. But this has proven quite uncomfortable, personally, I am
> convinced we need some relational database that can easily be extended.

Why? (are you convinced...)

> What is your suggestions? Is there anybody else interested in such a
> data base, maybe based on [1]?

What is the problem/are the problems you're trying to solve?

regards,
	Holger