Re: International web pages [Was: Spanish Web site]

On Fri, 7 Jul 2006 23:07:04 +0200 Alexander Schremmer wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> On Fri, 7 Jul 2006 00:08:10 +0200, Frode Jemtland wrote:
>
> >> As discussed in the IRC meeting a few months ago,
> >> international user docs should _*not*_ go to wiki.debian.org.
> >
> > I have though a bout this for some time. Where do people mean that
> > the international user docs should go, if not into the
> > wiki.debian.org ?
>
> Sorry, I should have said "internationalised" there. I.e. non-english.

I believe the accurate term then is "localized": Internationalisation
(i18n) being the task of providing infrastructure for localisation
(l12n).

Localized documents is transformations of documents into other locales
than the master (usually english, but more complex here, I suspect).

"Internationalised" documents would be index pages enhanced to inform
about the mesh of wikis, their master documents and their localisations.
And references on each document to other language representations of
same content.

 - Jonas