Changing CVS to SVN

Hi.

During last weekends developer gathering,  it was discussed to change the CVS
repository on developer.skolelinux.no to SVN. This is a issue that has been
raised a couple of times before.

One of the arguments for this transition is that KDE has its repository in
SVN, and the Norwegian translators uses a lot of time syncing to an from.
This job will be significantly easier with SVN.

Another argument for it is that we have SVN on our repository at Alioth, why
have two different versoning systems?

Then again, it is some work to change it, do the answer to the above questions
outweight the negative transition problems?

Anyone else have any arguments to shed more light on this case....

If not, I propose we try to find a volunteer to do the job, and set a time for
when this should be done..... A couple of days before the next
developergathering is a day that pops in mind.

--
-Frode

Advertisements contain the only truths to be relied on in a newspaper.
		-- Thomas Jefferson

Petition for "World of Warcraft" on Linux: http://www.blizzpub.net/petition/