Re: Desktop setup (WAS Re: choosing software applications)

On Thursday 03 March 2005 18:04, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> On 03-03-2005 17:54, cobaco (aka Bart Cornelis) wrote:
> >>Are you saying that if both teacher and student profiles are installed
> >>on same machine, it is somehow possible to choose per login or per
> >>session which profile to use?
> >
> > Yes, the desktop-profiles package I've been working on provides a
> > general mechanism to do this.
> >
> > Basically it's a generalization of the approach used by the
> > 20debian-edu-kdedirs Xsession.d script provided by debian-edu-config.
> > It's crossdesktop and dynamic (wel from the admin's point of view).
>
> Quite interesting. Can I have a look at your work somewhere?
that'd be great as I'm still looking for a sponsor. The code is in the
debian-edu svn repo on alioth (src/desktop-profiles subdir), built packages
can be found at http://developer.skolelinux.no/~cobaco/desktop-profiles
--
cobaco (aka Bart Cornelis):
    Coördinator Belgisch Skolelinux team