Recovering dpkg's history and switching to a distributed VCS

Hi,

following some discussion on #debian-dpkg, it appears that several people
are already hacking dpkg in a local git repository (using git-svn
probably). I did that myself because I'm not part of the dpkg team and
I'm working on an improved dpkg-shlibdeps.

While discussing the switch, it appeared that the current SVN repository
doesn't have much history. Dpkg has been maintained in CVS then in arch
then in subversion and maybe soon in git. :)

The CVS repository is still on cvs.debian.org:/cvs/dpkg/
The arch respository is more problematic however. Scott has no copy
anymore. Manoj still has at least parts of it with his SELinux branch:
http://www.golden-gryphon.com/cgi-bin/archzoom.cgi/srivasta@debian.org--2005-selinux/dpkg--devel--1.13
Tollef Fog Heen also has some parts in gluck.debian.org:~tfheen/dpkg/.
It might be that Ian Jackson has a copy in a tarball that Scott sent him
when the dpkg.org domain expired... Ian might check it on sunday (thus the
CC so that he doesn't forget).

If anyone else has a copy of Scott's arch repository, please make it
available!

Once we have all the bits, I (or someone else) will try to integrate all
that history in a git repository.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog