Re: Create a project on Alioth and choose a RCS?

On Mon, Jan 16, 2006 at 10:00:01AM +0100, Frank Lichtenheld wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 16, 2006 at 06:45:34AM +0100, Christian Perrier wrote:
> > I suggest we go with it if nothig is found very quickly. The worst
> > case would be nothing being done for weeks with everyonen waiting for
> > everybody to do something.
>
> I would say we make a trunk from Scott's last version, apply our
> patches there (I have also a pile of them waiting) and figure out
> how to import the tla/bzr stuff later, import them in a separate branch
> and merge our changes with this branch so that it can become the new
> trunk. A bit complicated but the fastest solution I guess.

What about importing the cvs (which preserves the branches and tags)
into the svn repo, and then importing the latest Scott's release into
another independent dir, then we can complete the delta from trunk to
current src pakage state with proper revisions, and merge back our
new changes.

The other cleaner solution would be, what Frank said, and once we know
how to import everything we clean up the repo, fill it with the previous
whole history, and replay our latest changes.

My biggest concern is that I'm not sure baz/tla keep track of cvs/svn
branches/tags when you import to it, so not sure if they will be
there to be restored from.

PS: tailor does support importing *from* tla, baz (I skimmed over that
section ;), just don't know enough about arch and its structure...

regards,
guillem